Corned Beef and Cabbage
What do you know about corned beef and cabbage slow cooker? This dish is very famous in a popular tradition that celebrated in many countries. There is one tradition that is celebrated by many people in the world which is St. Patrick’s Day. This day was celebrated on March 17 by Americans, Europeans, Australians and even Asia. More than one million people celebrated the anniversary of St. Patrick’s death in various countries, such as Ireland, the United States, Australia, Canada, Russia, Japan, and Singapore. St. Patrick himself is a patron saint who introduced Christianity to Irish society. One of his legendary teachings is the explanation of the Holy Trinity (God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit) using three distinctive Irish clover leaves, Shamrock.
Parade at the celebration of St. Patrick Day is the oldest and largest civil parade in the United States with more than 150 thousand participants. Usually, this celebration is celebrated using green attributes such as clothes, hats, pants, until the accessories are green. Even in New York, people celebrate St. Patrick Day by coloring the Chicago River water becomes green. When celebrating St. Patrick Day, people eat Irish specialties which are corned beef and cabbage slow cooker. This celebration usually takes more than a day, filled with concerts, parades, fireworks shows and outdoor theaters.
How to Make Corned Beef and Cabbage Slow Cooker?
Corned beef and cabbage slow cooker is a delicious dish in the style of a five-star restaurant that you can serve yourself at home without having to spend a large enough budget. With the ingredients that are not too difficult to obtain and the easy way to make it difficult, this recipe is perfect for you to enjoy dinner with your family and your relatives.
Usually, the corned beef is available already milled in the supermarket. So there is no need to bother to corn your own meat. Milled meat is made using the best pieces of meat, or even pieces of whole meat like typical outside, coconut parts, brisket (stomach). But of course, the price fell more expensive. Here are the ingredient and the steps to make this delicious dish.
- 4 pounds of corned beef brisket with herbs
- 4 large carrots (peeled and cut into pieces of matches)
- 6 ounces of your favorite beer
- 10 onions (peel and cut into small pieces)
- ½ part of cabbage (roughly chopped)
- 10 red potatoes (cut into pieces)
- 4 cups of water
Ways of making:
- Mix all vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, and onions into a slow cooker, then pour water into it
- Place the corned beef, then pour beer
- Sprinkle corned spices and cover the slow cooker
- Turn on the fire with a high size
- Cook corned for about 8 hours
- One hour before serving, add the cabbage and cook again for 1 hour
- Corned beef and cabbage slow cooker is ready for you to eat!
You can eat this dish every day, not just in St. Patrick’s Day!