dumplings chinese food and how to make it
Chinese New Year celebrations will be filled with enjoying delicious food with family. Each food served is a symbol of positive hope to welcome the New Year. An example is dumpling which is a symbol of wealth. In order to consume and serve simple flour dumplings during the Chinese New Year, there is a procedure.
Since it was made 1,800 years ago, dumpling has become one of the most popular traditional Chinese foods, especially in northern China. Dumpling is usually filled with minced meat and finely chopped vegetables. The stuffing is then wrapped with a thin and elastic dumpling skin mixture. Some types of meat that are popular as dumpling stuffing are pork, shrimp, fish, chicken, and beef. Dumplings can be cooked by boiling, steaming, frying, or even baking.
Legend has it that the more fluffy dumplings from scratch are eaten during the New Year celebration, the more money will be earned. Because dumpling is widely known as traditional Chinese food, almost every Chinese person can make dumpling by themselves. The method, flour, starch, and water are stirred together until smooth. Then form the dough into balls and thinned out. Then given the contents in it. After that, the dough is shaped like a pastel shape and cooked according to taste.
Some Chinese people will put a white thread in the bisquick dumplings . People who eat dumpling are expected to live long. Some are putting copper coins so that people who eat them are expected to be rich and prosperous. At Lunar New Year, Chinese people don’t consume dumplings with sauerkraut (pickled cabbage) because it symbolizes a poor and difficult future.
They usually consume dumplings with cabbage and turnips so that the mood in the New Year is good. To serve to dumple you should arrange it in the form of a line and avoid arranging it in a circle. The circular shape depicted will make a person’s life turn around and not go anywhere.
How to Make Dumplings
- 250 gr fillet chicken meat (roughly chopped)
- 1 stem of onion pod (finely sliced)
- 1/2 tsp of pepper powder
- 3 cloves garlic (puree)
- 1 carrot (cut into small cubes)
- 3 tsp of cooking oil
- ¾ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of oyster sauce
- 2 cm ginger (finely chopped)
- 100 ml of cold water
- Ingredients for wrappers
- 150 gram of Wheat flour 150 gr
- 50 gr of sago flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- 3 cm finely shredded ginger
- Japanese soy sauce 250 ml
- 3 garlic cloves (finely grated)
Steps making of Dumplings
- Mix all ingredients and cook over medium heat
- Stir in the ingredients and wait until cooked, set aside for a moment
- Mix flour with sago flour and add salt
- Pour water little by a little while stirring until smooth
- Take enough skin mixture and then grind until thin and give ingredients
- Fold the dumpling wrappers while tightly closed by pressing the thumb
- Boil the dumpling until it is thoroughly cooked, lift
- Mix all the ingredients into one and then dumplings are ready to be served with the broth.