Let’s Cook Ground Beef
Many delicious menus made from ground beef such as meatball for spaghetti or beef patty for sandwiches and burgers, meatloaf, Shepherded Pie, and fried rice can also even meatballs from ground meat. There are many menus that can be made with ground meat.
With the price that is much cheaper, ground meat can be made many kinds of delicious dishes. Milled meat is sold mostly as well as ground meat. There are many products that also mix meat with beef offal or even lumps of fat left over from meat. So as not to be deceived there are several ways to choose fresh ground meat. We can make ground meat from the meat section of choice, of course, it costs more, or you can also buy ground meat that has been packed in the fresh food supermarket.
Ground meat is usually sold fresh as soon as it is ground because if the ground meat is one day old if it doesn’t sell, the ground meat must be stored in the freezer temperature, frozen. and sell the condition already in defrost (left at room temperature) but if it’s already in the freezer, the meat is usually mixed with water and the taste and texture are different, even dry and tasteless when eaten. Here’s how to choose fresh ground beef.
How to Choose Ground Beef
- First, you have to look at the packaging. Check the date and month even though sometimes it can’t be standardized. We also have to be smart to see the texture directly. The average ground meat is packed in styrofoam covered with plastic wrap. The color should be fresh red if even mixed with a lot of white fat
- Choose the product with not too much white fat. Some are dark red, or reddish red that means the amount of meat found in the ground meat, usually the texture is louder and drier. Some products that are dark red, but there are black parts, means that the ground meat is old. So, you need to select the red one
How to Make Ground Beef with Potato
Below is one of the best recipes that you can cook if you want to use ground meat as your ingredient.
- 150 grams of ground meat
- 250 grams of potatoes, split in 2, cut into pieces transversely, fry until yellow
- 50 grams of peas
- 2 scallions, cut 1/2 cm
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large red chilies, remove the seeds and cut out matches
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sweet soy sauce
- 5 tsp of water
- 1 tsp of margarine to saute
- one tsp salt
- 1 teaspons sugar
- 1 cm ginger, finely chopped
Ways of making:
- Saute onion, garlic with margarine until fragrant. Add the ginger and cook until cooked and add the ground meat, cook, until it’s not runny and cooked.
- Add the potatoes and all the spices, then water and wait for the seasoning to soak. Enter the peas, and finally the leek. Mix well, lift and serve the ground beef. This recipe is easy to cook, right?