This menu is often found in Chinese food restaurants. Szechuan beef is also one of the favorite menus for most people because it can be consumed by adults and children. The processing process is also quite simple, so this menu allows you to try making it yourself at home. This dish use spice from China.
This little info about Szechuan pepper or often called Sichuan pepper which is a spice in Chinese cuisine that is also widely used in other Asian countries, such as Korea, Japan, India, Sri Lanka and Thailand. The aroma and taste of Szechuan pepper are very similar to Andaliman, which is also a spice of Batak cuisine because it is still a family.
Unlike Cantonese cuisine which is generally sauteed or steamed, Szechuan cuisine instead relies on frying as a cooking method, in addition to steaming and boiling. So, we can say that the dish is called Chinese beef stir-fried. Szechuan specialties feature bold spices, such as extreme spicy flavor, usually the result of using lots of peppers, garlic, and chili, especially the unique taste of Szechuan pepper. As a result, the spicy bite becomes a characteristic of Szechuan cuisine with its spice flavor which has the effect of numbness on the tongue. Besides Szechuan beef, Kung pao chicken, mapo doufu, and steamboat or hot pot are some of the top Szechuan dishes that you can find in many Chinese restaurants.
How to Make Szechuan beef
You just have to peek at practical recipes and cooking from us if you want to make this Chinese dish. This menu can also be combined with various vegetables to make it feel more delicious and healthy such as beans or broccoli. Don’t forget to serve with warm white rice. Here are the ingredients and ways of making. You need to use deep beef if you want to make this dish. The meat can be stored for a maximum of 2 days, in the freezer or you store it in a ziplock container. Do not store it in styrofoam since it is not good for health.
- 150 grams of typical deep beef
- 1 green bell pepper, long slices
- 1 tsp of coarse salt
- 3 medium-sized carrots, long slices
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Red cayenne pepper
- Big red chili, long sliced
- Salty soy sauce
- Powder broth
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 tsp sweet soy sauce
- Chili powder
Ways of making:
- Apply the spices to the meat consisting of 1 tsp of salt, pepper, and cornstarch. Let stand for a while so that the seasoning permeates.
- Saute garlic with red cayenne pepper.
- Add the meat, season with salt and pepper.
- Give powder stock, chili powder, then stir until evenly distributed. Add the red chili slices, peppers, and carrots.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Stir for a while.
- Serve Szechuan beef while warm.
You can use this dish as your family dinner menu. Szechuan beef is very healthy, easy to cook, and you just need cheap ingredients.