What is Beef Stroganoff ?
The origin of beef stroganoff is obvious from France, and most culinary experts, like Darra Goldstein who wrote “A Taste of Russia”, agree that the famous French chef who works for food lovers Count Pavel Stroganoff is a person who has made it popular as currently.
The chef modifies French beef fricassee dishes to better suit the tastes of his Russian employer by adding sour cream. This dish has been popular since the mid-19th century, entering the inaugural edition of the ‘holy book’ of the classic Russian pre-revolutionary culinary prestigious issue of 1861, “A Gift to Young Housewives”, written by ElenaMolokhovets.
The 1917 revolution made the Russian nobility, as well as their traditions, spread throughout the world. beef stroganoff origin was adopted by Chinese chefs by removing the sour cream from the recipe, seasoning it, and serving it over rice. From there, the recipe was exported by American soldiers in the 1940s to the US. In Uncle Sam’s country, this dish is served on egg noodles. Unfortunately, this recipe is somewhat undermined by the desire of Americans who want to save time.
They mixed the recipe with canned mushroom cream soup and Heinz tomato sauce as the sauce, which certainly could not replace the strong original taste produced by a mixture of sour cream, mustard, tomato and sauteed mushrooms that had won the heart of Count Pavel.
Then How to Make Beef Stroganoff. This time, we will present the original recipe for beef stroganoff and serve it in a traditional Russian way. easy beef stroganoff allrecipes. the ingredients is more looks like Ground Beef
- 600 grams of beef sirloin, soak in soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce (English soy sauce) for one hour
- 400 grams of white mushrooms, cut into four pieces and saute using butter and white wine
- 1 tsp of sugar, dry mustard powder, vegetable oil
- Black pepper powder
- 2 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 medium, finely chopped onion
- 4 tsp flour
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 120 ml of sour cream
- 80 ml of white wine or dry vermouth
- 350 ml of beef broth
Ways of making:
Saute mushrooms with white wine and butter, then set aside.
- Mix mustard powder and sugar with 2 tsp hot water until it turns into the sauce. Rub the pan with oil and heat it to smoke. Pat the meat soaked with kitchen paper to dry it, then cook until the sides are browned. Set aside.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, ground pepper and half a teaspoon of salt and cook until brown for five minutes.tomato sauce and flour, then cook until the vegetables and sauce are mixed. pour broth, wine and mustard sauce.
- Cook until boiling and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove the browned parts. Reduce the heat and cook until the sauce begins to thick, for about five minutes.
- Slice the sirloin diagonally with a thickness of about seven mm. Add the meat and liquid to the sauce and cook until the meat is warm.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave it until the dish stops boiling.
- Add sour cream and 1 tablespoon of wine. Serve ground beef stroganoff with parsley decoration.